The CenTex MOAA Chapter awards TWO scholarships, one for
$1,500.00 and a second for $1,000.00. This is a competitive
Recipients are selected by a panel of CenTex MOAA
members. To receive the scholarship, recipients must enroll in a
college ROTC program.
receive appointment to a service academy are not eligible to
receive this scholarship, but those receiving service ROTC
scholarships may apply.
Funds will be disbursed to
the recipient upon receipt of proof of College ROTC enrollment.
Candidates must submit items listed below, within the announced
timeline to compete for that particular year:
1. A copy of
high school transcripts thru 1st Semester Senior year
2. A listing of all extracurricular activities including
employment (emphasis on leadership)
3. A letter of recommendation from a teacher or administrator
4. An essay on the designated topic of at least 700 words, but
no more than 1,500 words
5. The 2017 year's topic is: "What are the characteristics of a
good leader? Describe someone who exhibits these
6. 2017 deadline for application is 14 April 2017
For more information contact Lt Col (R) Bill Nance at